Despite COVID, after almost 6 months of repairs and hard work from our team, ‘Sea Captain Foster’s Homestead’ is ready to receive it’s first visitors. If you wish to have a special event or create a memorable event book it soon. All proceeds will be devoted to the restoration of this remarkable Estate.
Currently, we are working on Captain Isaac Foster (1739-1824) who’s son lived at 1222 Stony Brook Rd. in Brewster.
- Sea Captains are an important part of Brewster’s heritage and history as they left the best built homes and history attached to them.
- If you have any history to share, please contact us.
To help you get started, here are a few questions:
- When was the house built? 1799
- How long did Captain Foster live at this address?
- Any history about his wife?
- Any history about his children?
- Grave sites?
Portrait by Joseph Badger 1755 National American Art Gallery
Eleanor Wyer Foster (Mrs. Isaac Foster) (1719-1798)
- Mayflower Families Vol. 15 p. 149
- Name: Elener Wyer
Event Type: Birth Birth Date: 14 Jul 1714 Birth Place: Charlestown, Massachusetts Father Name: William Mother Name: Elener Save Cancel Source Information Ancestry.com. Massachusetts, Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011. Original data: Town and City Clerks of Massachusetts. Massachusetts Vital and Town Records. Provo, UT: Holbrook Research Institute (Jay and Delene Holbrook).